A Balli Family Organization (BFO) meeting will be held Saturday, May 11, 2013, from 12:00 to 4:00 PM in McAllen Texas.
A group of Spanish and Mexican land Grant Descendants will be discussing common legal issues facing us.
- Mrs. Yolanda Martinez, officer of the Tejano Land Grant Society, will be discussing the history of our legal struggles and issues on mineral royalties.
- Mr. Fred Balli, BFO president, will cover the progress in the making of the movie “La Herencia”.
- Mr. Eulalio Balli Mendez, descendant of Francisco Balli, nephew of Padre Nicolas Balli, will be telling us about the local history and issues on the Padre Island Settlement.
- Mr. Robert Gonzales descendant of Joaquin Galan Balconcitos and Palafox land grant in Webb and Dimmit Counties will be discussing issues on document research and what they have accomplished so far on their struggle for their land Grants.
- Mr. Nicolas Balli, officer of the Tejano Land Grant Society, will be discussing history and issues now facing the descendants of the Salvador del Tule, Llano Grande, La Isla de Santiago [now “Padre Island”], and La Barreta Grants.
All Spanish, Mexican, and Texas land grant descendant families are invited. Multiple family trees and documents will be on display; so bring your tree and compare. We will try to answer all questions and listen to your opinions concerning our efforts. We strive for land grant descendants to work together for justice on our land grant claims.
McAllen Public Library
4001 N. 23rd Street
Room: A 111 and Room B 112
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2013
Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
The library limits us to 80 persons.
Please contact the following to reserve a seat:
Sophie: 956- 245-1037